BACK to BUSIC....err BASICs

 

BACK to BUSIC...errr BASICs
 
A warm welcome to Bangalore my dear
The city with cool weather n cooler cheer
But the pains of living here, 
The woes of our traffic n being stuck on the road
Least said the better but my tale must be told

Its summer, schools n colleges are shut nowadays
There should be lesser traffic on the roads I say!
Did I speak too soon, I think I did…
It was a chaotic evening, unending chores stealing my rest,
I was stuck with no transport to take me back to my nest.
 
Tried getting an Uber, hoped an Ola will soon show,
If you have ever tried booking one, you should know
Its much easier said than done.
Dark clouds loomed, cabs cancelled faster than I could book
Autos just not interested in spite of giving them “The Look”
 
Let’s move ahead and see, maybe this area is deadbeat
No luck but then the keen hubby spotted the lumbering beast.
Guess who came to the rescue?
The good old faithful airport bus seemed to be going our way
Run Rach, Lets catch it, that’s the only way to get home today.
 

I cant believe I huffed n puffed as fast as I could behind him.
Not bad, I thanked my yoga guru for keeping me fit n trim.

The quiet AC bus was a haven,
Two vacant seats beckoned and cuddled us all the way.
Much better than a noisy auto or a stinky cab any day.


Shhh, cant let the hubby hear me say the above though
A big advocator of public transport if you must know.
We rode home in peace,
Smugly he said, not too bad a way to travel, don’t you agree?
It started pouring, leaving no arguments for me to disagree.

Comments

Popular Posts