Middle Aged - Not ME!





When a debate ensued on the above,
Most said, what trash you speak, my love?
We are still young, middle age is a long way off;
Why, life actually begins at 50, they scoffed.


Really, I wondered if thats true, I seem to find
Myself, as a 50+ youngster, quite often in a bind.
Things disappear mysteriously specially my phone
I find it hours later in my hip pocket, it makes me moan.


Walking into rooms without any apparent aim
Why I opened the fridge, is a good guessing game.
The washing machine loaded without any detergent,
While the tea left boiling till dry is an unfortunate accident.


The semi-washed clothes lie half-folded, forgotten on my bed
As I repeat instructions, my kids look at me n shake their head!
They find my missing keys in the most unexpected place;
N I meet their questioning looks with a very straight face.


There are times, the lovable pet is fed well in the day
While on other occasions… What can I say!!!
In bed before I sleep, I wonder did I brush my teeth?
The frustration of it all often makes me grumble n seethe!


But then I say, relax and look for the silver lining,
With my behaviour, nothing is any longer binding.
No expectations, I can swing away n get away with murder!
Do what I want, no one more lifts a brow or bothers.     


Before I forget again, I Thank you God…
For this Happy zone I find myself in
And for helping me finish this verse
From beginning to end, without forgettin


1st May 2022

Comments

Unknown said…
As always a very well written collection of thoughts....humorous yet so very true....resonating with most of us.
It completely resonates. Another great advantage for me is that i have the courage to speak my mind irrespective of the furore it may cause. Truly a great place to be. I.e. m7ddle age of course.

Popular Posts