Careful, What you Wish for

These days of being in a lockdown are proving to be quite the challenge. Not only are we away from our loved ones, the tedium, of home chores can really bog one down. There a few reasons which makes one smile through all this. One of them was the poem I came across which I had written in 2018. Ironically, it was about life rushing past in a whizz :)

Reading it again, 
The words for a sequel pushed their way through. 
Hope you can identify with it too...

Hey universe, I really didn’t know you were listening to me…
No wonder they say, be careful what you wish your life to be!
When I said my days were packed, with not a moment to spare,
I didn’t mean, “Give me days filled with tedium and no fanfare!!”

I wake up early, is that a curse or blessing I don’t know;
The burgeoning list of chores keeps my enthu for yoga very low.
While my cook is enjoying her stint of “work from home”
I’m going quite crazy, suffering from the lockdown syndrome.

Planning and cooking three daily meals into 7 days makes it one long week;
If that’s all I have to complain about, I must be an ungrateful wretched freak!!
Thanks to the extra cleanings, no more time for my gardening sessions…
Am I slowly losing my mind? Of-course I am, without any doubts or questions!

You don’t believe me? Well, I have lots more proof that says it all.
I promise this all happened when I was stone sober, with no alcohol.
Post dinner, few nights ago I was horrified to see so many people misbehave,
Mask-less, shaking hands, even hugging… really black hearted and so knave!

A concerned Hubby tried to calm down a ranting raving lunatic me
Handing me a snifter of Brandy, he told me to relax, its just an old movie!!
He decided I needed “some cheer”; a break from all the cooking n cleaning up,
He thought he would brighten my work-load by adopting an abandoned pup!

So now I cook, dust, do the dishes n for a change, clean up the pee n the poop,
It sure ended the drudgery; I don’t know where she’s leaving lil gifts for me to scoop.
But when she looks at me with her Bambi eyes or lovingly dozes off in my lap
Maybe I needed this lil bundle of magic to shake me out of my depressive trap.

I guess we don’t recognise it sometimes, but it’s true,
Your saviour comes in different forms to your rescue.
Though I did tell the loving hubby, the next time when I whinge n whine,
The pup’s lovely gift but a glass of wine would have been just fine :}

 

8th May 2021

Comments

Anju said…
Love your writing style, simple & to the point.
Shamita Sharma said…
Awww....Would love to meet you and your Bambithe old fashioned with a smile that can be seen and a glass of wine.

Popular Posts